Channel Building Company is a highly respected commercial construction firm with a strong focus on design-build. We love the work that we do, and we hope that it shows. We’ve been in business for 50 years and are very fortunate to have an extraordinarily dedicated, hard-working team to collaborate with every day.
We are continuously searching for new impact players whom have the qualifications, dedication and commitment to join our organization and who will contribute to our continued success.
If you are interested in working with people that value initiative and new ideas, consider becoming part of our professional team. Submit your resume to email@example.com
Are you tired of fighting the traffic in & out Boston everyday?
Do you want to make an immediate impact on your career & the company you work for? Of course you do!
Imagine for a moment what it would feel like to have a quick commute, into a collaborative office, with a team of dedicated, innovative people like you, who’s ideas & hard work are valued & rewarded.
That’s what it feels like to work at The Channel Building Company!
We are looking for strong Project Managers at varying levels to join our growing, down to earth team and contribute to the growth of our organization.
Project Managers typically manage two or more commercial construction projects at a time. All projects are expected to be build on schedule, withing budget and to the highest quality.
Ideal Project Managers will also have experience estimating projects and with business development.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and staffing key field personnel as well as an effective management team including Senior Project Superintendent, Project Superintendent and office personnel.
- Establish project objectives, procedures and performance standards within the boundaries of corporate policy.
- Engage all sub-contractors for the jobsand is responsible for following process as outlined in CBC Policy and Procedures Manual. Maintain contact with key sub-contractors and works to develop existing and new sub-contractor relationships.
- Attend and represent the company at project meetings.
- Track and control construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of the projects within time and budget. This includes negotiating and writing sub-contract agreements, drafting and submit monthly requisitions, estimating and drafting change order all in a timely manner. Documentation management such as reviewing job submittals and assembling and developing closeout packages.
- Initiate, cultivate and maintain contact with prime clients, A/E personnel, subcontractors and other professionals during and following job completion as part of Channels business development efforts.
- Responsible for the complete project, requirements from project inception to completion, including estimating, contract negotiation, permitting, general project management duties, closeout, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of the commercial construction processwith skills in design, finance and management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, superior communication skills and be able to motivate personnel working in or for the company.
- Ability to produce successful projects that satisfy the client and are profitable for the company.
- General knowledge of the local, state and federal building codes and regulations impacting the commercial construction.
- Four-year college degree in engineering or related field and five or more years of experience in the field of commercial construction is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including MS Project, Timberline Estimating and Procore Project Management.
- Valid and clean driver’s license is required
- Valid, unrestricted Massachusetts Construction Supervisors License is preferred
We are conveniently located off of 495
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health care, 401K, PTO & holidays.