The Channel Building Company method to the pre-construction phase of your project encompasses a broader range of services beyond the traditional estimating process. This is not a cost cutting exercise, but serves a large purpose for a timely construction start and overall success of the project. As we work in association with the owner, architect and/or consultants, Channel sets forth an organized effort with a conscious and explicit set of guidelines for value engineering in achieving optimum value for our owner’s initial and long-term investment.
Our pre-construction services include:
- Provide a preliminary evaluation of the Owner’s program and project budget.
- Attend regular meetings with owner, architect and/or consultants regarding improvements, materials, systems and equipment and make recommendations relating to constructability, schedule, budget, and more.
- Prepare and periodically update preliminary project schedule. Schedule will include tasks, project milestones and completion dates of contractor responsibilities, consultant requirements, furniture, fixtures & equipment installations, and all other pertinent activities.
- Analyze the project to determine required phasing of construction and coexistence of the business ongoing operations.
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates of the work at pre-determined intervals. Submit recommendations for alternates as required for the purpose of obtaining economies of scale within overall project cost.
- Solicit subcontractors, vendors and other required associates for their interest in the project. Review qualifications of these entities, provide a list of qualified bidders for the project and make recommendations to the Owner. In addition, we only partner with those subcontractors and material suppliers who have been pre-screened, pre-qualified and meet our exacting standards.
- Identify long lead time items for the project and recommend a schedule to the Owner for procurement of these items.
- Early involvement of trade subcontractors will be essential in understanding constructability and identifying the most cost-effective solutions.
- Optimize trade and volume discounts where applicable.
- Research available utility company rebate programs for possible incentives in high-efficiency HVAC, lighting, etc.
- When and where appropriate, bring forth ‘green’ building ideas for materials and services, recommend use of recycled materials, high energy efficient methods and low/no maintenance materials.
- Work with the Architect to develop strategies to incorporate water use reduction, day lighting, reuse of materials and energy management systems.
- Determine and suggest the most applicable type of construction contract and delivery method that will result with the most economic and reduced risk for ownership.
Whether we are a part of your design-bid-build team, act as your construction manager or your design-builder, team work and trust are among the most important to develop throughout the pre-construction phase. Working with Channel, you will begin to build confidence in our enthusiasm and realize our expansive experience within this industry that making Channel your long-lasting contracting partner for all your construction needs the easiest decision in your building process.